To connect your HP Printer To Wi-Fi Direct, follow the steps below. Before you start, make sure that your printer is switched on, the ink cartridges are properly installed and papers are loaded in the tray.
1. Click on Start, go to Settings.
2. Select Devices and then Printer and Scanners.
3. Now click on Add a printer or scanner option.
4. Select Show Wi-Fi Direct Printer.
5. Find your printer name starting with DIRECT.
6. Check if your printer is in a ready state. If not press the Power button to wake it from sleep mode.
7. Back on your computer screen, select Add device.
8. If you get the “Enter the WPS PIN for your printer” message on your screen, quickly note down the 8 digit WPS PIN from the printer control panel or the printout. You have to enter this PIN within 90 seconds, so you better be quick and click Next once done.
9. After entering the PIN if you get, Driver is unavailable message, you should visit 123.hp.com to install printer drivers first.
10. Try printing something to check if the connection is established properly.